The Republican Party has officially abandoned any pretense of balancing the budget, or cutting spending. In this regard, they join their colleagues at the Democrat Party.
The Libertarian Party is the only party confronting the single biggest threat facing the US today: the national debt.
So, why vote for a candidate running as a Libertarian? Here is what we believe:
- The fundamental unit of society is the individual. Because individuals are moral agents, they have the right to be secure in their life, liberty and property. These rights are not granted by government or by society.
- Individual rights. Each individual is endowed by their Creator with individual rights, right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- Rule of Law. Libertarianism is not libertinism. Without virtue, this Republic will not flourish, and government will not be limited. We propose a society of liberty under law, in which individuals are free to pursue their own lives so long as they respect the equal rights of others.
- Limited Government. The role of government is to protect our rights (life, liberty, property). That’s it. Government is a dangerous institution, as Lord Acton once said, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
- Free Markets. To survive and flourish, individuals need freedom to pursue economic activity; countries are less free where economic opportunity does not exist.
- Peace. Libertarians put a premium on peace, and we denounce the constant wars, and warfare state.